Henning Wehn's Leicester Square Questionnaire
A Leicester Square Theatre favourite with recent television and radio appearances including:
Have I Got News For You - BBC1
Would I Lie To You - BBC1
Live At The Apollo - BBC2
Question Time - BBC1
8 Out Of Cats Does Countdown - C4
Fighting Talk - BBC Radio 5 Live
The Unbelievable Truth - BBC Radio 4.
1. What’s your most memorable heckle?
I don't get heckled much as audiences know I've sat down and written a show for them. Saying that, calling my previous tour Get On With It was a bit of an own goal as that was just too obvious a heckle.
2. Where do you go for your pre/post Leicester Square Theatre gig food?
I try not to eat after but before it's nice to go to Mildreds or Vantra for a nice vegan meal.
3. What’s one word to describe the state of the UK?
4. Snog, Marry, Avoid - Priti Patel, Piers Morgan, Andrew Neil
Marry: Andrew Neil
Snog: Priti Patel
Avoid at all costs: Piers Morgan
5. Who’s the best upcoming performer in the country that we haven’t heard of?
If you haven't heard of them I probably haven't either.
6. Has lockdown influenced your material? If not, why?
It has. It'll All Come Out In The Wash is an unbiased look at the Covid crisis.
7. Who would you describe as your arch-nemesis?
Not interested. Live and let live.
8. When was the time you bombed the most onstage?
Plenty to choose from in the early years. It's important to work out why it happened and how to deal with it differently when you're in a similar situation again. That's what it's all about.
9. What’s been your strangest fan encounter?
Being asked to record a video birthday message for Olympian Steve Cram.
10. Where’s your favourite place to tour?
As a keen Viz reader I like the North-East but it's good everywhere. Maybe with the exception of Liverpool.
11. How do you like to relax after a gig?
On a Saturday or Sunday it's straight back to the hotel for Match Of The Day. Failing that, go to bed.
12. What’s the one thing you want the audience to take away from your show?
13. Would you rather have fingers as long as your legs or legs as long as your fingers?
Fingers as long as your legs has arthritis written all over it. Probably legs as long as your fingers. Certainly makes it more believable when I say I had to wade through knee-deep mud.
14. Who would win in a fight: Badger or Baboon?
I haven't given this much thought. A baboon would be able to get away more easily and could probably just drop stuff on the badger. Baboon it is.
15. What’s the oddest thing you’ve overheard in London?
In the toilets at Millwall's New Den. "Are you coming on Wednesday?" "Nah, my trial's that day."